Authorities in Elmore County say faulty ventilation in a recreational vehicle led to the carbon monoxide death of a 54-year-old woman and injured three members of her family.

Sheriff’s investigators say Linda Gay Hedgman died Saturday afternoon in their R-V at a mobile home park near the Wallsboro community. The victim’s husband, 57-year-old Willie Bowles and their two grandchildren — a 14 and a 9-year-old — remain hospitalized today. Bowles was listed in critical condition. The two children were in stable condition.

Deputies said it appeared the R-V’s generator exhaust pipe was blocked preventing the odorless gas from escaping. Hedgman’s death was ruled an accident. The incident remains under investigation.