Brooklyn, NY – Winter Storm Jonas has highlighted a lesser known snow hazard that can prove deadly. A third person has died from carbon monoxide poisoning related to snow from Winter Storm Jonas covering a car tailpipe. A Brooklyn father went missing after he left his home to earn some extra income shoveling snow. When he didn’t return, his wife went searching for the man and found him unconscious behind the wheel of his car.

The 44-year-old man, Angel Ginel, had died from carbon monoxide poisoning after snow covered his vehicle’s tailpipe, causing the deadly fumes to enter the car. Earlier in the week, a mother and her infant son died from carbon monoxide poisoning when snow also covered their car tailpipe as they waited for a parking spot.