Rock Springs,TN – A state fire marshal inspection found a hole in a gas line caused the fatal explosion that killed two people near Kingsport.

Seventy-two-year-old Donna Crawford and her 19-year-old grandson Jeff Crawford were killed when the house blew up during the early morning hours Monday, leaving only a chimney standing.

Family members say Donna Crawford recently had a new propane tank installed, along with a gas line and new wiring. She first turned on the heater when temperatures dropped Friday.

Captain Keith Elton of the Sullivan County Sheriff’s office says a hole in the gas line between the supply tank and the heater allowed the home to fill up with gas, which then ignited.

Autopsies will be performed on both victims to establish the causes of their deaths.

The incident occurred in a suburban area just south of Kingsport.