Mobile, AL – The Mobile Fire-Rescue Department says six people were taken to the hospital this morning, for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Rescue crews were called to the home on Cypress Circle shortly before 4 am Wednesday. According to Mobile Fire-Rescue spokesman Steve Huffman, the family was sitting in a vehicle outside the home when crews arrived. Huffman says the family told firefighters they woke up feeling “funny” and sick, so they got out of the home.

Mobile Gas was called to the scene to investigate.