Savannah, GA – Bret Bell, Savannahnow.com – A family of three was taken to the hospital Tuesday after suffering from carbon monoxide exposure in their Paradise Park home.
Savannah Fire and Emergency Services spokesman Matthew Stanley said a woman called 911 complaining of dizziness.
Firefighters carrying hazardous materials monitors detected dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, a colorless and odorless gas, in the Summit Drive home.
A woman and her 2-month-old child were suffering from dizziness and headaches. The woman’s husband was in more serious condition.
All three were taken to the hospital, and are expected to fully recover. Their names were not available Tuesday afternoon.
Fire investigators determined the cause of the problem was a blocked air return to the home’s furnace. Stanley said the blockage did not allow for proper combustion of the gas in the heater, causing the carbon monoxide to build up