Wichita, KS- A frightening and dangerous morning for a northeast Wichita family.

They awoke –feeling dizzy. Crews believe they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire crews tell us a furnace in the 2500 Block of North Edgemoor malfunctioned and spread the gas throughout the house.

That’s a big concern this time of year, as many people are turning on furnaces for the first time this season.

Two children were taken to Wesley Medical Center for treatment. They were feeling sick to their stomachs. Their mother is okay.