August 26, 2003 — WALWORTH — A Wayne County family was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday.

According to Lincoln Fire Department Chief Steve Gallaher, the Champagne family of Jacobs Road, Walworth, awoke feeling sick after returning from a weeklong vacation.

A neighbor came to the home, smelled fumes and called 911.

The mother, father and three daughters were taken to Strong Memorial Hospital, where they were treated and released.

Gallaher said that the source of the leak might have been a gas stove that was left on while the family was away on vacation