Corpus Christi, TX – It was a close call for one Corpus Christi family Thursday morning. According to police, it appeared a family living on the 4900 block of Cheryl Street may have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The power was recently shut off, so the family plugged a generator in the house to power the air conditioner. One family member woke up sick, and shortly after, four others also fell ill. That’s when EMS was called in.

“There was something wrong inside,” Alicia Luna, one family member, said.”They put the generator inside, so I thought right way it was gas. They were poisoned. It was gas.”

All five people living in the house are okay but were taken to a local hospital for treatment.