Irving, TX – An Irving family is recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home.

Firefighters were dispatched to the residence in the 4000 block of Tacoma Street just after midnight Tuesday. A man inside reported that he and his family all started feeling sick at about the same time.

“After our first ambulance got on location, I had them contact our medical control, tell them we had a mass casualty,” said Irving Fire Department Capt. Paul Harris.

The father, two toddlers and an older son were taken to Baylor Medical Center at Irving for treatment; they were later released.

The children’s mother was taken to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas for treatment with a hyperbaric chamber.

Investigators said the home was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector.

“We’ve ventilated the structure; got the CO down where it’s within permissible limits,” Harris said. “After the investigator checks it out, we’ll secure the structure.”

Harris emphasized that every family needs a carbon monoxide detector in their home.