MonoxideOrange County, FL – WFTV News – An Orange County family was put into a hyperbaric chamber Tuesday morning after being exposed to carbon-monoxide overnight from a generator inside their home on Carew Avenue.

The Ho family is from Vietnam and they don’t speak any English.

Firefighters rushed three adults and two children to Florida Hospital on Tuesday morning. They are all expected to fully recover.

This was a close call. People need to remember that you should never run a generator inside your house or in an attached garage, even if the garage door is open.

Be sure to let the generator cool down a little before refueling. It doesn’t have to be cold.

Try to keep the generator dry and never plug it into a regular outlet; that will energize the house and could electrocute power workers restoring power later.