By First Coast News Staff

JACKSONVILLE, FL — A high level of carbon monoxide forced more than a dozen families from their apartment complex.

The Hazardous Materials team responded to Kingridge Apartments at Flag and 12th Streets Monday.

People were complaining of headaches and upset stomachs. No one was transported to the hospital.

Fire officials tell First Coast News gas ovens caused the carbon monoxide leak. The management adjusted the levels and families were allowed to return.

The problem was found thanks to one resident who had a carbon monoxide detector alarm in her home.

Firefighters say, while the leak was not near deadly levels, it was high enough to force a temporary evacuation.