Osage Beach, FL – An explosion in the kitchen of a popular restaurant and bar forced patrons and employees to evacuate until firefighters could determine the building was safe to re-enter.

The cause of Wednesday’s explosion at the City Grill is still under investigation.

The Osage Beach Fire Protection District was called out to the business around 2:40 p.m. after the oven door blew out onto an employee’s leg, according to Fire Chief Jeff Dorhauer.

The employee received minor injuries and refused medical treatment.

About 15 people were evacuated as a precaution.

An investigation revealed a major gas leak in one of the propane tanks and another leak in a regulator going into the building.

The kitchen was shut down until repairs could be made.

The Lake Ozark Fire Protection District was called to assist while the Camdenton Fire Department was placed on standby until the situation was under control.