Fort Worth, TX- Star-Telegram, Rodger Mallison
An explosion rocked a home on Fort Worth’s east side late Friday morning, but the occupants were away and no one was injured, officials said.
The blast occurred shortly before 11 a.m. in the 800 block of Fairview Street, said Lt. Kent Worley, a spokesman for the Fort Worth Fire Department.
“All indications are it was a natural gas explosion,” Worley said.
Atmos Energy officials went to the scene and will investigate how the blast occurred, he said.
The home belonged to a man who recently died. His family was allowing his caretaker and a son to stay there until the property was sold, Worley said.