Blount County, TN – A fire damaged a mobile home and forced the evacuation of neighbors in Rockford Friday morning.

Blount County firefighters heard an apparent propane gas explosion when they arrived at the end of Tarbett Court at 11 a.m., said Blount Fire Chief Doug McClanahan.

Neighbors were then evacuated nearby to Trinity Baptist Church until the fire could be extinguished.

First reports indicate the fire started in the kitchen area and proceeded to other areas of the mobile home.

The resident was at home when the fire occurred. The woman said she was asleep, something woke her up and she got outside.

Firefighters said the owner of the property is Tina Turnmire, who couldn’t be reached Friday evening.