Casper, WY- A liquid propane leak apparently caused an explosion at P.C. Transport just before noon on Wednesday that sent one employee to the hospital, according to Mike Lindahl, an engineer with the Natronal County Fire District.

Roger Means, the company’s safety director, said early Wednesday afternoon that Steve Hudson does not seem to have been seriously injured in an explosion that was heard some distance from the business at 2059 Skyview Drive.

“He’s doing pretty good,” Means said. “He looks like he’s got a real bad sun burn.”

Means said Hudson had been working on a different trailer inside one of the company’s shops when the explosion occurred. He said it appeared that a small amount of liquid propane may have leaked from a malfunctioning valve on a nearby propane tank trailer.

Lindahl said an industrial steam cleaner may have provided the flame source to ignite the propane.

The force of the explosion damaged a garage door at one end of the building and some skylights, Lindahl said.