Erie, PA – While two Erie county residents, including one child, remain hospitalized after suffering serious injuries in a fire and explosion last friday night a ruling has now been made on the fire.

Aaron Hart-Han and his five year old nephew, Anthony Swartz were injured when a fire and explosion levelled a garage in springfield township.

Both were flown to pittsburgh’s mercy hospital. Hart-Han is listed in serious condition while Swartz remains in critical.

After his investigation, state police fire marshall Michael Goss has ruled the fire was accidental.

Goss says a natural gas leak inside the garage was ignited when Hart-Han used an electric door opener.