Mays, IN – RTV6 – A house was severely damaged Wednesday morning by an explosion that investigators believe was caused by an accumulation of natural gas in the basement, RTV6 reported.

No serious injuries were reported. A ceiling fan fell on a 19-year-old man who was there at the time, but he was OK, his mother told RTV6.

The home is in Mays, which is about 40 miles east of downtown Indianapolis.

The mother said that before the blast, she had been in the basement to turn off the home’s natural-gas supply in preparation for the installation of a new washer and dryer. She said she apparently turned it on instead.

Investigators believe gas accumulated in the basement, and was ignited by a pilot light, RTV6 reported.

The home, which suffered extensive damage in the basement and its back, was rendered uninhabitable. The foundation also was damaged, RTV6 reported.