BY NICHOLE MONROE BELL, THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
A propane leak at a home outside York caused an explosion Tuesday that sent two adults and a toddler to a hospital burn unit, a fire official said Wednesday.
About 1 p.m. Tuesday, a heater exploded inside the living room of a house at 825 Sutton Springs Road, burning a man, woman and 3-year-old child who were inside, said Andrew Rollins, a fire investigator with the York County Fire
Rollins said the explosion happened when a propane line leaked, allowing gas to fill up in the room.He said that when the gas reached the pilot light on the heater, which was about 3 feet off the ground, it exploded.
The fire, which took about 20 minutes to extinguish, damaged about one-third of the house, Rollins said.