Edwardsville, KS – Kansas City Star – An explosion that burned an Edwardsville man and destroyed his home was caused by a propane leak, Edwardsville Police Maj. Jeff Cheek said Monday.

An investigation into the fire showed that propane had built up in the house near 94th Street and Metropolitan Avenue and that something ignited it about 2:30 a.m. Thursday, creating a flash fire and explosion, Cheek said. The fire reduced the home to rubble. It was determined to have been an accident.

The victim, identified as David Baker, suffered non-life-threatening injures. An update of his condition was not available Monday.