Elsmere, DE – An Elsmere family was hospitalized Saturday night after emergency crews found high levels of carbon monoxide in their home.

Emergency crews were called out to the 200 block of Linden Ave. at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday for a 38-year-old woman who was experiencing nausea and shortness of breath, said Cpl. Peter Small, a spokesman for New Castle County Paramedics.

While inside the home, the carbon monoxide detectors that paramedics carry on them began going off, Small said.

Readings inside the home were at 300 parts per million, Small said.

A home normally will have between zero to 9 parts per million – anything over 100 parts per million is considered severe, Small said.

The family was evacuated from the residence and taken to Christiana Hospital as a precaution, Small said. He said all were admitted in stable condition.