McKinney, TX – An elderly McKinney woman died Sunday, more than two months after a natural gas explosion critically burned her and destroyed her home.
Nancy Foster, who was in her 70s, had been at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas since May 16, when a gas pipeline ruptured and caught fire in her east McKinney neighborhood. Two other people were badly injured, and another house was ruined.
Burns covered more than half of Ms. Foster’s body. Her family declined to comment Sunday.
Workers with contractor M.J. Sheridan of Texas were boring into the ground along the Atmos Energy pipeline shortly before the explosions. Natural gas moved through sewer lines into homes in the 600 block of Fenet Street, officials have said.
Arthur Bryson and Raul Moreno were also injured. Mr. Moreno, who suffered burns on his hands and face, was released to home care after spending about a month in a hospital, his lawyer said. Mr. Bryson’s condition was not available Sunday.
Last week, McKinney police said they had sent their findings to the Collin County district attorney to determine whether charges would be brought.
The Texas Railroad Commission is also investigating.