Lima, OH – ToledoBlade – An elderly Allen County couple were hurt yesterday when a propane water heater apparently exploded at their home.

Ben Williams was in serious condition at St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center, Toledo, where he was being treated for burns on his face and upper body. His wife, Jerry Williams, was treated at St. Rita’s Medical Center, Lima, for burns on her legs.

Fire and rescue crews were called to the Williams’ home on State Rt. 81 shortly after 9 a.m. The explosion did not cause a fire.