Camden, NJ – KYW-TV -It was a close call in Camden, New Jersey, after at least eight people were overcome after authorities detected high levels of carbon dioxide.

CBS 3’s Ji Young Min reports five of the eight people were rushed to Cooper Medical Center while three others were taken to Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital.

Officials confirm that PSE&G crews were called to home on the 400 block of West Field Avenue in East Camden for a possible gas leak. The call was in response to a report that two people had fallen ill.

Upon arrival, the first floor apartment tested positive for carbon monoxide. Crews later determined that a house heater, which was suppose to vent through a chimney, had been blocked, causing the gas to spread through the home.

Min has learned the four family members and one friend who were rushed to Cooper Hospital are said to be doing well.