Columbus, OH- Crews Treat At Least 17 People

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A dormitory at World Harvest Church was evacuated Thursday morning after 17 people were reportedly poisoned with carbon monoxide.

NBC 4’s Elizabeth Scarborough reported that emergency crews received a call at about 7:30 a.m. about a man having trouble breathing. When they arrived, they encountered at least 25 people who suffered from the same symptoms.

Some people were reportedly nauseous and vomited, Scarborough reported. The victims were transported to four Central Ohio hospitals.

The normal carbon monoxide levels are usually between 0-25, but testing at the dormitory showed levels at more than 200, on a zero to 400 scale, Scarborough reported.

About 75 people are housed at the dormitory, Scarborough reported.