Shreveport, LA – A man and woman found dead inside a southwest Shreveport home on Christmas morning have been identified, and the Caddo Parish Coroner’s Office says preliminary autopsy results indicate they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities identified the victims as 41-year-old Robert T. Phillips and 38-year-old Amie M. Duck.

Authorities say a friend called police when nobody answered the phone or door. Police did not find any indication of foul play.

The Shreveport Fire Department says there was a gas-powered generator in the house. The generator was found in the kitchen with an extension cord linking an electric space heater in the bedroom. Exhaust fumes had filled the home.

Neighbors say the couple had only recently moved in.

The final cause of death will be released after the investigation is complete.