FL – Sun-Sentinel – A Deerfield Beach woman was burned over 50 percent of her body when a propane-fueled dryer exploded Sunday morning, fire authorities said.

The explosion happened at about 8:18 a.m. in the 1000 block of Southeast 14th Court, when the 37-year-old woman tried to start the dryer, said Battalion Chief Scott Holloway of the Deerfield Beach Fire Department.

A faulty fitting on the gas dryer had been leaking, possibly since Saturday night, when it had been moved and the fitting either cracked or came loose, Holloway said.

“She got up [Sunday] morning to do a load of laundry,” he said. “When she hit the button to start it, that’s when it exploded.”

The woman’s name has not been released. She was taken to North Broward Medical Center with second-degree burns to 50 percent of her body, Holloway said.

The explosion caused a flash fire and blew out the laundry room walls, Holloway said.