Cadott, WI – Chippewa County sheriff’s investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning caused a camper’s death at the Country Fest grounds in Cadott.

The sheriff’s department got a call early yesterday morning of an unresponsive woman in a campsite at the festival grounds.

Deputies found 21-year-old Tara Grant from Spring Valley in a tent and not breathing. Twenty-four-year-old Jesse Jenson was also in the tent and had high levels of carbon monoxide.

Investigators say a neighboring campsite had an exhaust hose from a generator stretched across the site and pointed at the tent.

Grant was pronounced dead at a local hospital.