Eastman, GA – Authorities say an Eastman woman who died of carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday had been running a generator in her home because she lacked electricity.

Dodge County Sheriff’s Office authorities identified the woman as 32-year-old Teresa Simpson. Thirty-one-year-old Romelus Hayes was taken to the Dodge County Hospital for treatment related to the toxic fumes.

Paramedics responded to an emergency call from a residence on Ga. 87 around 7:15 a.m. to find one person dead and another ill.

Authorities say the couple had been living at the home without electricity and had been using a generator to provide power. The couple apparently moved the generator indoors due to rain and fell asleep sometime Saturday with the generator running inside.