Jefferson County, MO – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has released a partial report about Friday’s home explosion in De Soto, Mo.
Police say the victim was rehabbing the home and doing electrical work when a propane leak was ignited by an electric spark, causing the home to explode.
The victim, identified as James Hayes, was pulled out of the rubble by a passerby before the home became engulfed in flames.
Hayes was airlifted to an area hospital for treatment.
Police say there is no sign of suspicious activity.