Harrodsburg, KY- Greg Stotelmyer, Action News 36

Friends, family, the coroner, and a deputy sheriff all agree on one thing.

How Stanley and Gladys Watts died Sunday appears to be an accident.

The elderly couple was found dead in their Sunset Drive home in Harrodsburg Sunday evening, victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

It’s believed that when the Watts returned from church shortly after noon Sunday, they parked their car in the downstairs garage, with the door down and the car running.They were found dead that night, upstairs in their home.

“Just a terrible accident, just forgot to turn their car off,” said Nellie Riley, who lived next to the Watts for 37 years.”They were just well liked people by everybody.”

Norman White was their brother-in-law.”Just one of those freak accidents.”