IA – KETV – A Council Bluffs family went to a hospital Wednesday night for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

At about 7 p.m., the family’s carbon monoxide detector sounded in their home outside the city. Lewis Township Fire Department rescuers responded, and reported significant levels of carbon monoxide in the home.

All the members of the family reported feeling light-headed, and were taken to Jennie Edmundson Hospital for tests. The were treated and released.

Officials said there was a problem with the water heater not venting properly. It has been fixed.