Lake City, SC – Two Lake City men have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from using a gas generator indoors.

The Morning News of Florence reports that Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken identified the men as 62-year-old Jimmy Lee Gurgess and 56-year-old William James Hickson.

The report says the men were found dead Monday afternoon. Officials say it appears the men died Sunday night. Both men lived in the home.

Officials said the poisoning occurred because the men heated the home with a small space heater, powered by a gas generator inside the house.