Duluth, MN- A propane leak caused an explosion in a cabin near Cook. The structure was leveled, according to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Department.

Neighbors heard the blast around eight this morning.

Walter Lund, 50, of rural Cook, was burned when the cabin exploded and caught fire. He was alone at the time. Lund was taken by personal vehicle to the Cook hospital and then transferred to a Duluth hospital with multiple burns to his head and arms.

Lund’s cabin is on an island on Susan Lake near Cook.

Investigators were on the scene throughout the day and have determined a faulty propane line going into the structure filled the cabin with gas. Lund lit a burner this morning when the explosion occurred.