MIDDLE RIVER, Md., WBAL News – A construction crew apparently damaged the exhaust system of a building, causing a blocked off exhaust systems, filling the building with carbon monoxide Thursday afternoon.

SkyTeam 11 reported that as many as 68 units in the community at the end of King Henry Circle could be affected.

Roofers replacing a roof apparently damaged the system and people inside neighboring homes have carbon monoxide poisoning, SkyTeam 11 reported.

Some rescuers transported people to local hospitals, but no conditions have been reported.

BGE responded to the scene to shut down the gas line, and crews will not be able to restore gas until the roof vents are fixed.