TX – KFOX-TV – Texas Gas Service officials say it is the second death in a matter of days from carbon monoxide poisoning. The first one was Wednesday in Socorro and Christmas Day another one in Central El Paso.

Building inspectors say the problem at the home on Lebanon was the installation of both the water and space heater. City Inspectors say both vents connected into an old unused chimney that had been covered up. Toxic gases were seeping into the home.

Eli Genara, 37, died from carbon monoxide poisoning. His elderly mother survived and was rushed to the hospital.