Carl Junction, MO – The occupant of an Ebony Road home that was extensively damaged Monday night by an apparent propane gas explosion was outside at the time and was not injured.
Firefighters responding to the 6:06 p.m. alarm found a destroyed home but no fire, according to Carl Junction fire Chief Joe Perkins. No other homes were damaged by the blast, the chief said.
Perkins said that the landlord/owner had replaced the wall furnace an hour before the blast and that occupant was outside waiting for the gas to dissipate when the explosion occurred.
He was unharmed and called 911, according to firefighters. The Red Cross was called in to help the occupant.
Robbie Sterner, a fire investigator with the Missouri Department of Public Safety, was called in to investigate, according to the chief.