Rochester, NY- A Rochester woman has died after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in her apartment earlier this week.

Rochester firefighters removed Heather Turpyn, 20, and Timothy Parmele, 24, from their shared apartment on Ellison Street to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday morning, said Rochester Police Officer Stephen Scott.

Emergency responders were called to 300 Ellison Street about 6:30 a.m. and found Turpyn and Parmele inside their apartment.

Two generators were located inside the home, Scott said. Neither generator was operating when Rochester firefighters arrived at the apartment, but there were elevated levels of carbon monoxide and all of the windows were closed, he said.

Scott said he did not believe carbon monoxide detectors were in the home.

Turpyn and Parmele were both taken to Rochester General Hospital for treatment. Parmele was treated and released, according to the hospital.

Scott said Turpyn died and was taken to the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Office. The cause of death was not released.

Further details of her death were not available.