CT- Authorities say an elderly husband and wife were found dead in their Cheshire home last night, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning. The bodies of 91-year-old Fred Guelakis and his 87-year-old wife, Ann, were found shortly before 9:00 pm. last night.

The town’s fire chief says they found an extremely high level of carbon monoxide in the couple’s house, though authorities were still investigating the cause. They’ve ruled out foul play.

A relative called police after Ann Guelakis missed a lunch appointment. That relative went to the house, smelled a strong odor of gas and found Ann Guelakis unresponsive.