A Ketchum-based certified public account died earlier this week near Arco from what the Butte County coroner believes to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

Coroner Chris Merrill said Wednesday that the body of Tyler Felton, a 53-year-old Hailey resident, was discovered about 11 p.m. Monday in his shop about four miles north of Arco.

“He was heating the internal portion of the shop so he could pour concrete,” Merrill said. “He was heating the ground with a weed burner and a couple of small propane heaters. The circumstances were definitely accidental. Two dogs were also found deceased.”

Merrill said blood toxicology tests are being conducted, but that “everything points to carbon monoxide poisoning.”

“It’s a silent killer,” the coroner said. “There is no odor and nothing to see or smell.”

Felton, an Arco native, was a partner in the Ketchum accounting firm of Lallman, Felton, Peterson & Pierce, P.A. He had been a partner in the firm since 1990.

A private service was set for today in Arco at Lost River Funeral Home. A “celebration of life” memorial service will be scheduled for a date in the spring.

In lieu of flowers, Felton’s family is requesting that donations be made to the “Duck Athletic Fund” at the University of Oregon in memory of Tyler Felton. Information on how to donate is available at goducks.com.