Huntsville, AL – Huntsville Times – Huntsville police are investigating the death of a Tennessee woman found dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Monday in a newly purchased north Huntsville home.

Sandy Smith, 44, of Morristown, Tenn., was found face down in the living room of 6128 Roosevelt Circle about 3:20 p.m., said police Sgt. Mike Izzo.

Smith was a friend of Charles and Angela Lacey, who just bought the home and stayed there overnight Sunday with Smith, said Bobby Berryhill, Madison County coroner.

Angela Lacey, 34, was taken by HEMSI to Huntsville Hospital. Her condition was not available Monday night. Her husband did not require medical treatment.

Berryhill said Smith’s death was caused by carbon monoxide buildup in the home. Izzo said the newly purchased home had no electricity, and a gasoline-operated generator was set up in the garage to provide power to the home. However, no windows were opened or ventilation provided to let the carbon monoxide escape.