Wyckoff, NJ – A township family was sickened and had to be evacuated from their home due to high carbon monoxide Sunday, authorities said.

Members of Company 2 and the Wyckoff Ambulance Corps responded to a carbon monoxide condition in the college section of town Sunday at 6 a.m., officials said.

A family was outside their home and feeling ill when firefighters arrived; fire personnel found the carbon monoxide level inside the home was more than 1,000 parts per million.

Personnel secured the gas furnace and ventilated the home. PSEG personnel secured the gas line into the home, officials said.

The ambulance corps took the family to the hospital and the carbon monoxide level was was reduced to zero.