PA – Six people, including four rescue workers, were taken to the hospital tonight after a carbon monoxide scare in Luzerne County.

Firefighters say a house on Oak Street in Harvey’s Lake filled with the colorless, odorless gas around seven tonight.Two people inside got sick and they then called for help. Investigators say four rescue workers who went into the house also got light-headed.All of the victims were taken to the hospital for observation.

After several hours on scene, firefighters figured out what caused the carbon monoxide scare.“They have a coal furnace downstairs. He turned it on recently for his homeowner to get the dampness out. The carbon monoxide backed-up inside the house and from there it caused it,” Asst. Chief Brian Smigielski.