Paintsville, KY – WKYT News – Authorities said 25 children and four adults from a Paintsville day care center were taken to a hospital emergency room after being sickened by a buildup of carbon monoxide.

The children and adult employees at the Learning Tree Day Care Center complained of headaches and nausea, Paintsville Fire Chief Bob Dixon said. They were evaluated at Paul B. Hall Regional Medical Center. One child was admitted to the hospital for treatment. Hospital administrator Deborah Trimble couldn’t immediately be reached for a report on the child’s condition.

Dixon said the daycare’s floors had been cleaned Wednesday night with a propane buffer. “We believe that was the culprit,” he said.