El Paso, TX – KFOX-TV – Nine El Pasoans complained of carbon monoxide poisoning in two separate incidents Tuesday morning.

The first happened in Northeast El Paso, where emergency workers treated two adults and four children for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Investigators say high winds over the weekend, bent the heater’s vent pipe which then trapped carbon monoxide gas in the house.

The second call came from the Eastside, where three adults were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at a home there.

“Their furnace was not in service yet, so they were using the stove and the oven to heat up the house and of course, as fire officials, we advise against that strongly for people not to use the stove or the oven to heat up the house,” said Lt. Mario Hernandez of the El Paso Fire Department.

Here are some of the warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

You get a headache, suffer from nausea, or feel dizzy.

Firefighters also say it’s a good idea to install a carbon monoxide detector in your home.