Darby, PA – WPVI-TV -Nine people – including 6 children – are being treated at Fitzgerald-Mercy Medical Center after being exposed to carbon monoxide in their Darby home.

Fire officials say two adults who live in this house in the 900 block of Cedar Street in Darby went to the hospital around 10pm Saturday because they weren’t feeling well.

They also said that shortly before they went to the hospital, a device they thought was a smoke detector had gone off in the house, but that they had disconnected it because there was no smoke. The device was actually a carbon monoxide detector.

Firefighters and PECO workers went to the house. Seven more people – including 6 children were taken to the hospital.

Carbon monoxide levels in the house were measured at 300 parts per million. Anything over 30 parts per million is considered hazardous.

Usually carbon monoxide poisoning victims are treated at the Hospital of the University Pennsylvania in a hyperbaric chamber that raises blood oxygen levels back to normal. We’re waiting for word from this hospital about whether these 9 victims will be taken to HUP for that treatment