PAGE, Ariz., KVOA TV -Eight people on a private boat on Lake Powell are recovering this evening after becoming violently ill today. Authorities believe they were experiencing symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poison.

The National Park Service says the Page Fire Department and park service rangers were dispatched to the Antelope Pointe Marina. They met the houseboat and transported eight patients to Page Hospital.

Testing of the patients indicated C-OH levels ranging from ten to nearly 50-percent. Members of the party say the boat was beached with the air conditioning and generator running overnight.

Witnesses indicated members of the party started feeling woozy around three this morning, with three actually losing consciousness.

Boaters are urged to carry C-OH detectors on board their vessels.