Fond du Lac, WI – Fond Du Lac Reporter – A Fond du Lac family was being treated at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee for carbon monoxide poisoning they suffered at their home on Sunday.

Fond du Lac police and fire departments were called to a home on Pioneer Parkway at 7:17 a.m. Sunday after receiving a call of a 13-year-old girl who had collapsed twice, said Police Capt. Mike Frank.

When officers arrived, the entire family was feeling sick. They were rushed to St. Agnes Hospital and later transferred to St. Luke’s, he said.

Fire Department Capt. Ran-dy Cunzenheim said a reading taken inside the house found 500 parts per million of carbon monoxide.

“We get very concerned and put on breathing apparatus when there is 200 parts per million in a home,” he said. “They are really lucky.”

The carbon monoxide was leaking from the family’s furnace, Cunzenheim said.