Grand Chute, WI- A family was taken to a local hospital Thursday morning after they were found with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The incident occurred in the 3000 block of N. Morrison Street. Fire Chief Timothy Bantes said a woman, accompanied by an adult, had gone to the emergency room with some symptoms, including a headache, early that day.

When they returned sometime after 10 a.m., they found one of the children unconscious and the other semi-conscious.

Bantes said his department is conducting an investigation into the cause of the poisoning.