MD – Eight people expected to be OK after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Hindu temple in Lanham.

Prince George’s County Fire and Rescue spokesman Mark Brady says the victims were among a dozen people attending a prayer meeting at the Murugan Temple on Princess Garden Parkway Wednesday night.

Firefighters found several people complaining of dizziness, nausea and passing out, and high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

The victims were taken outside, where their symptoms started to improve. Brady says they were then taken to a hospital with a hyperbaric chamber. Two people are listed in serious condition and six are in fair condition.

Investigators are checking out the water heater and the heating system as possible sources of the poisonous gas.