Lewiston, ME – Eleven students at Mr. Bernard’s School of Hair Fashion in Lewiston are hospitalized under voluntary hospital care.

Investigators say the school on Lisbon Street had no carbon monoxide detectors. The school was evacuated and eleven were taken to the hospital. Lewiston Fire Captain Wallace Veilleux tells NEWS CENTER that two students are confirmed to have carbon monoxide poisoning.

“Now we’ve got to try to find a source,” says Captain Veilleux. He said even though there were no detectors, the level was low enough so it wouldn’t have set off the alarm.

The student says some students were complaining of headaches and feeling dizzy.

The owner of the building says he thinks it was built in the 40s. He tells NEWS CENTER there has never been a CO problem before.

We have a crew at the scene and will have much more onlineand coming up tonight starting with NEWS CENTER at 5:00.